The screen of the Asus ROG Phone 3 with 144 Hz refresh rate is one of the great highlights of the gamer phone. But this is not the component’s limit: the smartphone display announced last week with Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus actually reaches a rate of 160 Hz thanks to a hidden configuration.
The discovery raises the bar for cellphone screen specifications for gamers. According to XDA-Developers this Sunday (26), it is possible to exceed the 144 Hz announced by the manufacturer through a command via Android Debug Bridge (ADB) that releases the hidden configuration of the screen for the rate of 160 Hz.*
In tests conducted by the specialized website, the screen of the Asus ROG Phone 3 was in fact compatible with the rate of 160 Hz, even if the panel is not properly calibrated for this configuration. Still, it is not known whether this mode can damage the smartphone after use in the future.
The ROG Phone 3 is the new mobile phone from Asus. Officialized last Wednesday (22) , the smartphone has a 6.59-inch OLED screen with Full HD + resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels). For photos, there is a 64 megapixel triple camera set on the back and a 24 MP resolution selfie sensor on the front.
The phone’s technical data is advanced, with the Snapdragon 865 Plus processor, 512 GB storage, 6,000 mAh battery and options with 12 GB or 16 GB of RAM. The phone also has the Strix edition, with Snapdragon 865, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal memory.
Equipped with accessories and own resources to improve the gaming experience, the smartphone arrived in July 2020 in Europe with a suggested price starting at 999 euros (about R $ 6,040 in direct conversion) and 799 euros (around R $ 4,830) for the Strix edition.
Asus ROG Phone 3 – specs
- Screen: 6.59-inch OLED, Full HD + resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels), 19.5: 9 aspect ratio and 144 Hz refresh rate
- ROG Phone 3: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 3.1 GHz octa-core and Adreno 650 graphics chip
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 2.84 GHz octa-core and Adreno 650 graphics chip
- ROG Phone 3: 12 GB or 16 GB LPDDR5
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: 8 GB LPDDR5
- ROG Phone 3: 512 GB UFS 3.1
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition: 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Triple rear camera:
- main: 64 megapixels
- ultrawide: 13 megapixels
- macro: 5 megapixels
- Front camera: 24 megapixels
- Battery: 6,000 mAh with 30 watt charger
- Operating system: Android 10 (ROG UI)
- Connectivity: 1x USB-C, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2 on the side, Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11a / b / g / n / ac / ax 2 × 2 MIMO), NFC and GPS (GNSS GPS (L1 / L5), Glonass (L1), Galileo (E1 / E5a), BeiDou (B1 / B2a), QZSS (L1 / L5) and NavIC (L5))
- Plus: digital player under the screen, stereo sound, four microphones and ultrasonic sensors for games
- Dimensions and weight: 171 x 78 x 9.85 mm, 240 g
* Betechwise is not responsible for any cell phone problems that may arise if the procedure is performed.