How can I play PUBG PTS is the question that we will answer in our article. What are the characteristics of this type of server, if there are advantages, how does this game play and what platforms are available?
As the name says, PTS is a test server. All alpha features of new PUBG updates are initially introduced in this model for final adjustments. The player has access to new weapons, accessories, changes to the game’s “physics”. As it is a test server, the stability of the game is not guaranteed and may contain many bugs.
Who is PUBG’s PTS for?
PTS is a server for the biggest game enthusiasts, usually players with more experience looking to anticipate the news of the next PUBG updates, before the official launch. You must have the original game to access PTS.
The game mode is contraindicated for beginners, its lack of stability and amount of bugs, in the test environment, impairs learning for new players.
What is the advantage of playing PUBG PTS?
The advantage is basically anticipation, despite having no guarantees, the changes tested on the PTS will be close to what will be released on the official server. Experienced players look for at least a sense of the future.
The information collected in the PTS serves to prepare the new metagame of the players, aiming at its quick adaptation to the official launch.
What platforms is PUBG PTS available on?
PTS is available for PC ( Windows ) via Steam and on PS4 and Xbox One consoles. Each console has its own way of searching for the test server. It is not possible to download the PTS if the player has not purchased the original version of the game.
How to access PUBG PTS?
We will indicate the paths to access the PUBG test server on each platform.
Steam PC (Windows)
- Access the Steam app and log in;
- Purchase PUBG from the Steam store, if you don’t already have it on your PC;
- With the game installed, just go to your library and do a search for PUBG;
- PUBG PTS and Experimental server will be available, not installed;
- Click on the PTS, then “Install”.
- Access the PSN Library
- Do a search for PUBG;
- The PUBG PTS icon will be visible
- Click and install.
Temporarily, the download of PTS on Xbox One is not working by searching the store, let’s teach another way.
- Log in to your Xbox account and go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-public-test-server/c4t3v1j9j63v?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab ;
- Click on “Install on my devices”
- Select your Xbox One
- Click Install;
- If the download does not start on your Xbox One, automatically search the store for PUBG Public Test Server, it will be available for download.
We hope this tutorial has explained how you can play PUBG PTS on the available platforms. Remember that it is a test server, it does not have the same stability as the official. Good games and have fun.
More on Pubg: