As with other video streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, Disney Plus also allows a single account to have different profiles. You can create up to seven—that way, each family member can have their own settings, playback history, and list of what they want to watch. Follow this tutorial and learn how to create your own profile in your Disney Plus account.
How to create a profile on Disney Plus
- Open the Disney Plus main page and sign in to your account;
- Click your name in the upper right corner and then “Add profile”;
- Choose which avatar will be id for the profile — these are different Disney character options;
- Enter a name for the profile and click “Save.” If it’s used by a child, you can check the “Child profile” option—child profiles have only child content.
To add a new profile on your phone or tablet, sign in to the app and sign in to your account. Once logged in, Disney Plus will show you the “Who’s going to watch?” screen. Just click “+ Add profile” and follow steps 3 and 4.
After that, it can already be accessed. To switch between different users, simply click on their name and choose which one will be used.
How to set up a profile’s preferences
Each profile can have its own settings, just edit the preferences for each user of the account. Some of the customization options:
- Autoplay on or off;
- Background video enabled or not;
- Application language;
Follow the steps below to edit the profile and choose your settings:
- Go to the Disney Plus main page and click the icon of your active profile in the upper right corner;
- Click “Edit profiles”;
- Select which profile you want to configure;
- You can rename your profile, turn the options listed above on or off, and if you want, place a PIN that limits access to the profile.
- With everything properly set up, click “Save”.
To edit a profile by the app on your mobile device, open the Disney Plus app, click “Edit profiles” in the top right corner and follow steps 3, 4, and 5.
How to delete a Disney Plus profile
You can delete additional profiles, but not your primary.
- Go to the Disney Plus page and click the icon on your profile in the upper right corner;
- Click “Edit profiles”;
- Select which profile you want to delete;
- Scroll the screen until you reach “Delete profile”.
The walkthrough on your phone or tablet is very similar — on the home screen of “Who’s going to watch?”, click “Edit profiles” and follow steps 3 and 4.
What is and how does Disney Plus parental control work?
Disney Plus allows parents to create a separate child profile. This profile has a child-specific interface, simplified controls, and content is exclusively childish.
In addition, you have the option to enter a password to limit access to other profiles. Thus, there is no risk of children accessing what they should not.