Fortnite is a free multiplatform Battle Royale game, that is to say, it is present on most devices that run it. The chances of people playing with acquaintances are high, even if they don’t have the same console. See how to install Fortnite on PC ( Windows), macOS, iOS (iPhone and iPad ), PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch.
How to install Fortnite on PC or Mac
- Go to epicgames.com/fortnite ;
- Click download in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Click on the PC / MAC icon;
- At that point, you will need to create an account. If you already have, just login;
- Then the download will start.
But calm down, it’s not yet downloading the game itself. This is the Epic Games installer, after completing the download, install the program as the instructions appear on the screen and proceed to download the game:
- Once installed, you will need to log in to Epic Games again;
- When logging in with your account, click on Fortnite ;
- Click on the yellow button next to the game description;
- Then click on “Install” and wait for the game to download, this can take hours, depending on your internet speed.
How to install Fornite on iOS (iPhone or iPad)
This is the easiest process. Fortnite is available to download from the App Store, just search for the game in the app store or access the link below via iPhone or iPad:
How to install Fortnite on Android
Fortnite is now in the Google app store, the Play Store.
- Go to Playstore from an Android device ;
- Search for Fortnite;
- Click on install;
- Wait for the full Fortnite download
- Run the downloaded Fortnite application.
How to install Fortnite on PS4 and Xbox One
The process is like in the iOS App Store. Just go to the console store, on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, search for Fortnite and click install to start downloading on the desired platform.
Please note: Xbox One requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play Fortnite. PS4 does not require a PlayStation Plus subscription.
How to install Fortnite on Nintendo Switch
If you have a Nintendo Switch, chances are you have created an account in a country other than where you live.
Fortnite is one of the games that is not available in every country catalogue, and it is necessary to download it through another country’s eShop.
The biggest challenge is to change the eShop region. Once you have done this process, simply access the store within the Nintendo Switch, search for Fortnite and start the free download.
It is not necessary to have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to play Fortnite on that platform.