You can download a video from IGTV, Instagram’s long video platform using Android apps. The direct method that used the browser on the PC no longer works. However, it is still possible to save any video shared locally there.
How to download IGTV video from Instagram
IGTV does not allow the user to download videos through the application. A breach in a computer’s browser that could be exploited and videos saved locally was fixed. Today it is not possible to download it without appealing to third party apps, capable of accessing the direct link of the video on the platform in order to download them.
The most reliable application for downloading videos from IGTV is the IGTV Downloader, available for Android. You just need to copy the link of the video you want to download and it will do the rest. But, some details need to be taken into account. Here’s how to download IGTV videos from Instagram.
- Open the Instagram or IGTV app;
- Access the user’s Instagram profile and open the video you want to download;
- Touch the three dots and then copy the IGTV video link;
- Open IGTV Downloader and tap on “Paste”;
- The app will access the link and display the video you selected;
- Touch the green arrow button and the download will start;
- At the end, touch the folder icon to display the downloads made by the app. The video will be saved in the “Downloads” folder on your smartphone.
Now, the curious part:
For some reason, the default Gallery on your Android phone may not recognize the saved IGTV video, which may prevent it from appearing in the options. To access it you need to go to the “Downloads” folder manually, using file and folder manager applications. You can use native apps (such as “Downloads” or “Files”, depending on the manufacturer) or third-party apps, available for free at play.google.com.
Read: How to post IGTV video on Instagram Feed.
Just remember that depending on the manufacturer, the downloaded video may or may not appear in the Gallery; at the same time, IGTV Downloader is not able to play the video (download only). Therefore, there is no point in touching it in the list of downloaded videos.
Anyway, you will have to go to the Downloads folder to access the video.