You can download videos from TikTok, yours or created by others, in a very easy way. You can use both the application itself and third-party solutions, depending on each situation. Here’s how to download TikTok videos.
How to download videos from TikTok
TikTok has a direct download tool, which allows the user to save their own videos, which also works with other people’s creations, if they have not disabled the download option by third parties, which you can also use in your account.
To download a video through TikTok, do the following:
- Open TikTok and access the video, yours or another user’s that you want to download;
- Touch “Share” (the arrow icon);
- Touch “Save video” (on the second line of options).
If you don’t want others to download your videos, do the following:
- Touch “Me” at the bottom right of the screen;
- Touch “More” (the three dots);
- Touch “Privacy and security”, “Allow download”;
- Click “off”.
If the creator of the video you want to download has also disabled the download, the option “Save video” will not be displayed among the others for sharing.
Download videos from accounts that have disabled downloading
Even if an account has disabled the downloading of videos by third parties, it is still possible to get the file directly from the cell phone. You only need to have Instagram installed.
- Open the TikTok video you want to download;
- Click the “Share” button;
- Select the “Instagram Stories” option;
- Wait to open Instagram and then tap the save button.
The video will be saved in the phone gallery.
Download TikTok videos from third party site
You can also download videos from others who have disabled the download option. But, for that, you will have to use solutions external to the application. One of the simplest methods is to use the Savieo website , which recognizes links and downloads videos, even from protected accounts.
- Open TikTok and access the video;
- Touch “Share”;
- Touch “Copy link” (in the first line of options);
- Open your browser and go to the link you copied from TikTok;
- Copy the new link from the address bar ( it should be in this form: https://m.tiktok.com/v/6822329209621466373.html);
- Then go to savefrom.net on desktop version;
- Paste the TikTok link in the search field and click or tap the download button;
- Depending on the browser, the video will be downloaded automatically or opened in another tab;
- If you open it in another tab (most likely on desktops), right-click it, then “Download as …” and save the file.