The Crunchyroll lets you download anime to watch later when you are offline, but depends on the user subscription plan type to release the function. Understand how to watch anime offline on Crunchyroll.
Difference in plans
Crunchyroll has four types of plans, between paid and free. Only two of them, called Mega Fan and Mega Annual Fan, allow you to download anime to watch offline.
Both plans are available for both new users and those who decide to change the subscription mode.
The Mega Fan costs R $ 32 per month, while the Annual Mega Fan costs R $ 315 per year, with a built-in discount. And you cancel your Crunchyroll subscription anytime.
With any of the subscriptions it is possible to watch different anime streaming, such as Dr. Stone, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball Super, One Piece and Boruto.
How to watch anime offline on Crunchyroll
To watch animes offline on Crunchyroll, you must first subscribe to one of the two Mega Fan plans. From there, just follow the steps to download the anime and start watching offline.
So, follow the steps:
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your preferred mobile device;
- Select one of the series you want to watch offline;
- Touch the nap down icon next to each episode to start the download.
When downloaded, the anime will be available in an offline list, within the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone or tablet.
The anime downloaded on the platform also follows some rules, they are:
- There is no limit to how many episodes you can download
- The download to watch offline is compatible with much of the catalog, including simulcasts, but there are anime that will not have the function available
- The download may expire after some time, to free up space on the user’s device, but it is possible to download again, as many times as you want
In addition, of course, if a particular series or program is removed from Crunchyroll, downloads are also removed. The platform often warns of removals on its official website, Crunchyroll.com.