Videos are increasingly becoming the most popular content form loved by billions. The millennials are especially responding to these trends, thereby giving videos a prominent place in their everyday lives. Precisely why marketers are so intrigued to using videos as a part of their social media marketing campaigns now.
According to a survey, nearly half of the digital advertising budget goes to video ads. But with social media platforms releasing new updates, keeping up with the latest trends might be a little challenging. Having said that, not using the right specifications might make it a bit daunting for you to garner the desired results.
We’re going to provide a closer look at every detail concerning Facebook videos to help you drive the maximum benefits. Let’s start with understanding different Facebook video specifications that you can use for your campaign.
Facebook Video Specifications
While almost Facebook supports every file type, if you create an MP4 format for your videos, it will be the high performing and widely accepted choice for your users. But as you already know that Facebook has different video formats available. So, let’s talk about custom specifications below.
News Feed Video Ad Specs: Make sure your video’s minimum width is 120 pixels, and the aspect ratio should be 16:9 for horizontal and 9:16 for a full portrait.
Facebook 360 Video Ads: 5120 by 2560 pixels (monoscopic) or 5120 by 5120 pixels for stereoscopic. Use the supported aspect ratio of 1:1 or 2:1. You can use videos up to 10 GB in size with a frame rate of 30fps.
Facebook in-stream Video Ads: Go for a 16:9 aspect ratio with a maximum 4 GB file size. The maximum length allowed is around 15 seconds with a frame rate of 30fps.
Facebook Messenger Video Ads: Minimum size allowed is 500 pixels wide with an aspect ratio around 16:9 to 1.91:1. You can create videos around 15 sec long with a frame rate of 30fps.
Facebook Carousel Video Ads: You can use the aspect ratio of 1:1 with the size 1080 by 1080 pixels. Videos can be as long as 240 minutes with a maximum size of 4 GB. This format allows you to use up to 10 images or videos in one ad. But make sure you add no more than 20% text in images to increase the delivery rates.
But that’s not all. A lot more technicalities go into creating the perfect Facebook video ads. So, here we are, enlisting other technical specifications so that you can improve your engagement rates. The specifications include:
- Using the highest resolution to avoid pillar boxing or black bars.
- Ensure that the file sizes are under 4 GB.
- Progressive scan
- AAC audio compression at 128kbps+
Now that we have already discussed the technical guidelines. Let’s move on to the creative part of developing meaningful videos.
Let’s get started!
Creating Facebook Videos? Follow These Practices Right Away!
If you want to use videos to engage with your audience, there are a few more things that you must keep in mind to improve the quality of your video. After all, that’s the only way to succeed. Here are some creative strategies that will help you troubleshoot your initial hiccups.
- Play a Little With The Type of Content: Although going for a similar theme or structure is good for your campaign, some variety can also improve your traction. It’s not surprising that your audience loves different types of content. Using a content variety that’s liked by the majority will give you the desired boost. For instance, you can go for actionable videos, informational videos, or Live ones, depending on your requirements.
- Custom Thumbnails Are a Must: Using custom thumbnails will give your video an added professional look. Plus, it would be better for your business since it allows keeping consistent branding across every platform. Let’s take an example. If you are a company providing tricks and tips on how to download facebook videos, using custom thumbnails that depicts what’s in the video along with the company color palette will give your video the maximum boost.
- Keep it Short and Simple: When it comes to content, you might be aware of the concept “KISS,” i.e., Keep it Simple Stupid. Similarly, experts advise going for videos around 2 to 3 minutes in length for video formats. The shorter the length, the higher the chances of engagement.
Why Must You Keep a Check on Technicalities of Creating Facebook Videos?
A video sounds fun. But creating a video includes a lot of steps: scriptwriting, graphics, and animation. With so much workforce involved to make a mere 15-sec video, it’s essential to do it right. Otherwise, what’s the point? They might seem a tiny detail. But they carry a lot of importance to garner attention. Else you will have to rework the video again. And that, too, won’t create the buzz your desire.
So, it’s essential to keep an eye on the changing Facebook video guidelines. That’s the only way to boost your social media marketing efforts.
Creativity is good, but it will work only when combined with the right set of technicalities!
To Sum it Up
Videos are a popular form of content now. So, it’s not surprising that Facebook videos are growing in number. Why? Because videos have a lot of potential to connect to your target audience in the most pleasing way. And with businesses using social media networks to engage with their customers directly, having the right format is vital.
Whether you want to provide information or create buzz around new launches or offers, videos are a great way to grab customer attention. So, creating a well-thought video while keeping in mind the technicalities will help your audience get your message across in the most effective manner. Otherwise, you might struggle with your campaigns.
Remember, the context needs to get across with your audience, or else all this effort would seem nothing. Choose the right Facebook video format and grow your business dramatically.