The internet has become more easier to access since network providers started lending credits and data to their subscribers. Sometimes one might be doing something important on the internet and grrr grrr (phone vibrates and message enters) “You have exhausted your allocated data” and maybe you don’t have enough money as at that period to buy another data, there this post and it content become handy.
Just like borrowing airtime, you can as well borrow data from your various network provider when you run out of data and need to complete a task on the internet immediately. Some network providers charge a small percentage for service charge while some do not.
In this post, I will be sharing with you how to borrow data from your various network providers like MTN, 9mobile, Glo and Airtel.
NOTE: You must be have been on the network for at least 3 months to be eligible to borrow data from any network provider.
How To Borrow Data On MTN
To borrow data on MTN, simply follow the steps below;
- Dial *606# and select the Xtrabyte option
- A dialogue will appear showing a list of data volumes and the cost
- you can then select one out of the option
- a message will be sent to you that you have been credited with the data you selected previously.
The more active you’re on the network, the more data volume you will be eligible to borrow.
TO PAY BACK
When next you recharge, the amount you owe will be deducted automatically.
How To Borrow Data On Airtel
To check you eligibility to borrow data from Airtel Nigeria and also borrow data;
- Simply dial *500# and choose option 3 to Borrow Data.
- Choose the amount of data you want from the option.
- Then you’ll receive a message from Airtel that you’ve been given the data you requested earlier.
How To Borrow Data On 9mobile
9mobile don’t have the option to borrow data yet but you can still borrow airtime purchase data with the borrowed airtime. On 9mobile borrowed airtime reflects as your main balance.
To check if you’re eligible to borrow airtime on 9mobile,
- Dial *665*3# or sms STATUS to 665.
Then to borrow airtime on 9mobile,
- Just dial *665*airtime amount#.
Note that a service charge of 15% will be deducted from your borrowed airtime on 9mobile too.
How To Borrow Data On GLO
Glo Borrow Me Data has been available for years now and allows Glo subscribers to borrow data and then pay back later.
To borrow data on Glo,
- Dial *321#
- A menu option will pop-up
- Then select the amount you wish to borrow
Subscribers can subscribe to Borrow Me Data by dialing *321# and following the menu options. The service will then push real time Data credit to all eligible subscribers in line with the stated eligibility criterion. The customer will repay the Data credit whenever airtime recharge is made.
Also note that Glo charges 15% for service fee for borrow me data service.
If you find this post useful, please leave a comment below and share this post.