According to MSPoweruser, Apple launched AirPods as early as 2016, and true wireless Bluetooth headsets quickly became one of the hottest accessories on the market.
Last year Apple released AirPods Pro with active noise reduction. Although AirPods are suitable for the Apple ecosystem, this device can still be paired with Windows. Users can pair Apple AirPods with a Windows 10 computer by following the guide below.
To connect Apple AirPods, users need to put them in pairing mode so that Windows 10 can find them:
- Make sure the AirPods are put in the earphone charging case and open the lid
- Press and hold the button on the back of the charging case until the LED of the AirPods charging case starts to glow white
- Release the button and search for AirPods in Windows 10
How to connect or Pair AirPods to Win 10 PC
To pair Apple AirPods with a PC, on the PC, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open the start menu and click “Settings”
- Navigate to Devices> Bluetooth and other devices> Add Bluetooth or other devices> Bluetooth
- Windows 10 will then find available Bluetooth devices and show the user a list of devices that can be paired within that range.
- Select AirPods from the list and Windows 10 will start pairing. Windows takes about 20 seconds to set up the device, and then users can use AirPods.
Windows 10 usually automatically reconnects Bluetooth devices as long as they are within range and both the device and Windows 10’s Bluetooth are turned on. However, if AirPods cannot automatically connect for some reason, users can return to “Settings”> “Devices”> “Bluetooth” and other devices, and then look for Apple AirPods under “Audio”. Now click Apple AirPods, and then click “Connect” to reconnect the device. A faster method is to press the Windows key + K to enter the “connection” panel, click once to reconnect.