PS4 or PlayStation 4 allows you to use an external keyboard and mouse for navigation, which goes beyond the virtual options that exist on your system. It works well and is easy to use, to the point that the connection is almost automatic. See how to use mouse and keyboard on PS4.
Why you should use Keyboard or Mouse for PS4?
The user has some useful options for mouse and keyboard on PS4. They are compatible with some games, for example. MMORPG-style games and some shooting games can also be used in this way. Another good use of the keyboard in the video game is to surf the Internet.
Below, some of the main PS4 games that work with mouse and keyboard:
- Final Fantasy XIV
- War Thunder
- Elder Scrolls Online (Chat keyboard only)
- Neverwinter (Chat keyboard only)
- DC Universe Online (Chat keyboard only)
- They Are Billions
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
In shooting games, such as Call of Duty and Overwatch, keyboard and mouse serve to give gameplay similar to that of computers. In MMORPGs, like Elder Scrolls Online and DC Universe Online, it works for typing in chat with the keyboard.
Final Fantasy XIV is the only exception in terms of MMORPG, as it allows you to control the entire game with the dual mouse and keyboard.
In addition, the list of compatible games used to include Paragon, a multiplayer Battle Royale game, but which went offline and no longer works in any way.
How to use keyboard and mouse on PS4
Know that the PS4 is compatible with USB or Bluetooth keyboards and mice.
To use a USB mouse or keyboard on PS4, follow the steps:
- Plug the device into the USB port on the front of the console;
- The PS4 will automatically recognize the device;
- Choose the user to use the keyboard or mouse.
To use a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard on PS4, follow the steps:
- Turn on the Bluetooth keyboard or mouse you want to use;
- Go to “Settings” in the PS4 menu;
- Choose “Devices”;
- Then go to “Bluetooth devices”;
- The system will search for any compatible Bluetooth device that is connected nearby, please wait;
- Perform the normal device pairing process and enter the password, if necessary.
There is no official and specific list of which brands of keyboard and mouse are compatible with the PS4, but it is common for almost any newer and more modern device to work normally with the Sony console.
More on PS4: