You can download GTA 5, also known as Grand Theft Auto V on your Windows computer or on PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. Rockstar Games’ “thug life simulator” is the best selling entertainment product in history and remains a lot of fun, even though it has been in the air for almost six years. According to a new report by MarketWatch, GTA 5 has now sold over 90 million copies and generated over $6 billion in revenue since its initial release.
Here is how to download GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto V) to your computer, consoles or mobile phone and enjoy one of the most successful games.
- GTA VI Grant Theft Auto Release Date, Trailers and Rumors
- GTA 5 cheats and codes – Xbox One and 360, PS4, PS3 and PC
How to download GTA 5
GTA 5, or Grand Theft Auto V is available for Windows, PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. It has a Story mode and an Online mode where you can create your character, complete missions and move up the crime ladder. Although the online portion of GTA 5 for PS3 and Xbox 360 remains active, it has not received updates since 2015.
Here’s how to install GTA 5:
Through Steam (Windows)
- Go to store.steampowered.com and log in to your account;
- Buy GTA 5 for your account;
- Open Steam on your computer and install the game;
- You can also buy GTA 5 directly through the Steam app.
These are the minimum and recommended specifications for running GTA 5 on Windows:
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 or AMD Phenom 9850 quad-core processor, 4 GB of RAM, 72 GB of disk space, 1 GB nVidia 9800 GT GPU or 1 GB AMD HD 4870, Windows 7 64 bit with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 64-bit or Windows 8.1 64-bit;
Recommended: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD X8 FX-8350 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 72 GB of disk space, 2 GB nVidia GeForce GTX 660 GPU or 2 GB AMD HD7870, Windows 7 64 bit with Service Pack 1 , Windows 8 64-bit, or Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Through PlayStation Store (PS4, PS3)
- Go to store.playstation.com and log in to your PSN account;
- Buy GTA 5 (PS4 or PS3) for your account;
- Access your PS4 or PS3 and install the game;
- You can also access the PS Store and buy GTA 5 directly from PS4 or PS3.
Through the Xbox Store (Xbox One, Xbox 360)
- Go to marketplace.xbox.com and log in to your Xbox account;
- Buy GTA 5 (Xbox One or Xbox 360) for your account;
- Access your Xbox One or Xbox 360 and install the game;
- You can also access the Xbox Store and buy GTA 5 directly on Xbox One or 360.
Is it possible to play GTA V on mobile?
There are Android apps developed by the community, promising mobile versions of GTA 5 that are not official, nor are they distributed through the Google Play Store.
Therefore, it is recommended to avoid such applications as there are no guarantees about their use.
If you have a PS4, GTA 5 installed on the console, an iPhone or iPad or a compatible Sony Xperia phone, you can use the PS4 Remote Play app and stream the game.
To use the feature you need to first configure your PS4, enabling remote access:
- On your PS4, go to Settings;
- Then, go to “Connection Settings for Remote Use”;
- Check the box “Enable Remote Use”;
From here use your mobile device.
1. On the iPhone or iPad (iOS 12.1 onwards)
- On your iPhone or iPad go to apps.apple.com , download and install the PS4 Remote Play app;
- Open the app and sign in with your PSN account credentials (connect your device to the same network as the PS4);
- The PS4 Remote Play will scan behind the PS4 and when it finds it, it will display the current system screen;
- Open GTA 5 from your iPhone or iPad and play using the buttons on the screen (the app is not compatible with the DualShock 4 controller).
2. On Android
- Go to play.google.com, download and install the PS4 Remote Play app for your Android device;
- Open the application and tap “Ignore”;
- On the next screen, tap “Next”;
- Enter your PSN account credentials (connect the device to the same network as the PS4);
- The PS4 Remote Play will scan behind the PS4 and when it finds it, it will display the system screen;
- To pair your DualShock 4 controller, first turn on your phone’s Bluetooth;
- Press and hold the PlayStation and Share buttons on the controller until the lights begin to flash;
- The control will appear as a Bluetooth device option on your phone. Connect it;
- On PS4 Remote Play, open GTA 5 and play normally.
Android devices compatible with PS4 Remote Play are just the following:
- Xperia XZ3;
- Xperia XZ2 Premium;
- Xperia XZ2;
- Xperia XZ2 Compact;
- Xperia XZ1;
- Xperia XZ1 Compact;
- Xperia XZ Premium.