This actually means how to increase and decrease the screen display size of your phone. Aging adults usually have issues of seeing little or tiny text, but with this tutorial, I’m going to be teaching you how to either increase or decrease the screen display size of your phone but you need to own a phone of Android version 6.0 and above.
The full meaning of DPI is Dots Per Inches. It is used to measure the resolution of an image both on screen and in prints.
Reducing the size will increase the screen DPI size and increasing the size will reduce the screen DPI size.
It doesn’t require root access to decrease or increase the screen DPI size. Without further ado, let’s get down straight to how to decrease or increase the DPI size of your smartphone.
How to Change Screen DPI size of an Android phone.
- Open Settings
- Navigate to System
- Scroll down and click About Phone
- Click 7 times on Build number
- Then a screen will appear to notify you that “you’re now a developer“
- Go back to system
- You will see a new option named developer’s option
- Open the developer’s option
- Turn it on
- Then scroll down to Drawing
- Under Drawing, you’ll find smallest width
- Click on Smallest Width
- Change the size, the maximum size is 320dp and the minimum size is 960dp. (Reducing the size will increase the screen DPI size and increasing the size will reduce the screen DPI size of the text and font.)
- Click ok and the screen DPI size will change to the corresponding size you entered.
It’s 100% safe and easy to do. Leave a comment below and also share to social media. Thank you.