WhatsApp’s “One-Click Conversation” feature lets you start a conversation without having a person’s phone number saved in your contact list. Just use a link through which you can start a new conversation in the messenger.
When the person clicks the link, a conversation window with you will automatically open in the messenger. Works on both mobile and WhatsApp Web.
How to create your own WhatsApp link
By creating a link, people can communicate with you without knowing your number. Note, though, that if he/she sifts through the URL, he/she will find the phone number later.
- To create your own WhatsApp link, use the link https://wa.me/<phone number>;
- Add your phone number in international format in <phone number>;
- Copy the URL and paste into any internet browser;
- There, click “Message” and start a conversation with the person on WhatsApp.
You do not need to put the number zero (0) in front, nor use hyphens. Note that the person you want to chat with needs to have a WhatsApp account.
- Correct international number: https://wa.me/15551234567
- Wrong international number (with characters): https://wa.me/+001-(555)1234567
For example, If you are in Brazil, use the international code (DDI) 55. Then add your local code (DDD) such as 011, 021, 031, 085, 092, also including zero in front.
If you’re in Nigeria, use the international code (234), then add your phone without thr zero in front e.g https://wa.me/234801234578.
It’s ideal if you want to communicate with WhatsApp Business customers, for example. Or if you’re selling something on a classifieds site. Just leave the link to your WhatsApp number on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or the website itself.
How to Leave a predefined message on your WhatsApp link
It can get even better, you can create your own link already with a message edited by you in the text field of the conversation. In addition to the number, add the text to the link.
- To create the message, use https://wa.me/<number>/?text=<message>;
Thus: https://wa.me/whatsappphonenumber/?text=urlencodedtext; Add the number in international format and the message under “urlencodedtext”.
- It can look like this: wa.me/15551234567?text=I’m%20interested%20in%20the%20advertised%20car;
- When the person opens the message, the text below will already be written: “I am interested in the advertised car”. Use “%20” to separate the words.
By doing this, you already make it easier to know what the contact is about, and the person already has a message ready to start a conversation with you automatically.