Developed by ByteDance, the company also responsible for the famous TikTok, CapCut is a free video editing program that provides features such as transition effects, filters, subtitles and audio tracks to help the user in their audiovisual production. The app is very easy to use and is available for Android and iOS systems and jobs can be exported directly to the mobile phone. Here’s how to use CapCut and rock the videos out there.
How to import a video into CapCut
The first step before you start editing the video is to import it into the application. Here’s how to do it:
- Enter the app: On your phone, open the app (sign in with user and password if you haven’t already).
- Import a video from your gallery: Click new project and select the desired file in the albums category and tap add. In the timeline, you’ll have access to the main editing panel. By clicking Local Library you will find projects made available by CapCut itself.
How to use CapCut’s editing features
After importing the video, it’s time to unleash your imagination and use the tools capcut offers. For beginners in this art, it is very important to know:
- Tap the video to select it;
- A white stripe will appear that you must drag the border to shorten or extend your music video.
- If the video clip is selected, tap again to return to the edit start menu;
- Tap layer and then add layer, choose the file and press add;
- Then just position as you like.
- Move the cursor to the frame you want to start a transition and click split;
- Then select the transition option and choose a category from the options presented.
Related: 11 Best video editor apps for making videos on Android and iPhone
- In the main menu, “Text” is the third option. After selecting, you can choose “Add text”, option in which you should write what will be subtitled;
- Go to “Text template” if you prefer a ready format, then double-press the word box and rewrite it with the phrase you want;
- Under “Auto captions”, choose between “Original Sound”, “Locution” or “Both” and select “Continue”;
- Go to “Stickers”, drag until you find what you want and click. The figure will go directly to the video.
Include audio tracks
- Go to “Audio”, second icon at the bottom of the main panel of the screen, and choose between “Sounds”, “Effects”, “Extracted” and “Locution”;
- When you choose “Sounds”, click “Extracted” for songs made available by the program itself or “Device” to add songs specific to your smartphone;
- Select “Effects” if you want sounds like laughter, fight scene, food sounds in preparation, and more. Choose the desired effect and click the “+” symbol next to the audio name;
- After appearing on the edit line as a blue stripe, select and drag it between the edges to shorten or lengthen the audio.
How to export the video created to your mobile
After leaving the video with your face, it’s time to export and share your work. CapCut allows direct sharing to social networks like TikTok, WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. Here’s how:
- At the top of the app, select the second icon and choose the resolution and frame rate of your video;
- Tap the arrow that is also positioned at the top of the screen on the right side. At this point, keep CapCut open and do not lock the screen;
- Click “Done” if you want to store only on your mobile device;
- Choose between “Share on TikTok”, “WhatsApp”, “Facebook” and “Instagram” if you want to send the video clip directly on one of these social networks.