Placing different Apple ID accountson the same iPhone or iPad is an alternative for those who have a personal and one-use account for work. You can use multiple Apple IDs on the same device to gain access to services such as email, contacts, and notes, for example. Another option is, in fact, to sign out with an Apple ID and start a new one with another account. See the step by step of the two possibilities.
How to put different Apple ID accounts on your iPhone
- Tap “Settings”;
- Select one of the options: email, contacts, calendar, notes, or reminders;
- Tap “Accounts” and then “Add Account”;
- Select “iCloud”;
- Enter your Apple EMAIL ID, then tap “Next”;
- Enter your password and then tap “Next”;
- After checking the information, select the services you want to activate.
When using multiple accounts on the same smartphone, adding one more layer of security becomes even more important. For this reason, we recommend that you enable apple ID two-step verification.
How to use another Apple ID on iPhone
End the session
- Tap “Settings” and then your Apple ID;
- At the end of the screen, tap “Sign out”;
- Also end your iCloud session. This step is important for those who use one account to access it and another account to gain access to iTunes and the App Store;
- Enter the password associated with your Apple ID and confirm to end the session.
Note: In some cases, before you log out, it’s worth enabling the option to keep a copy of your saved data on your phone. When you exchange accounts, the data on your phone can be combined with data from your new Apple ID.
Sign in with another Apple ID
- Tap “Settings” and then “Sign in to iPhone”;
- Enter the email associated with your new Apple ID and then the password;
- Tap “Combine” if you want to combine your iPhone data with the iCloud account associated with the new Apple ID;
- Tap “Don’t match” if you don’t want a locally saved content upload to your new Apple ID’s iCloud account.