If you work with social networks, you must have lived through the challenge of the “20% text rule”. You don’t know what that means or how to use Facebook Text Overlay as an ally, paste here, that this post is for you.
Does your customer want to post an image with lots of text? Some precautions will be necessary to avoid having a disapproved ad or undermined campaign. Avoid reduction in reach and views.
What is Facebook Text Overlay?
The Facebook Text Overlay is a text overlay tool. It was created by identifying which posts with a higher visual percentage draw more attention. An online checker, to ensure that you or your customer does not spend time and money on ads in an unproductive way.
How to use Facebook Text Overlay?
- Create the image you want to share and boost, within the measures indicated by the platform;
- Access the Facebook Text Overlay – I already saved a tab, because access is daily;
- Click on “Send”;
- Upload the image;
- Wait for the result;
- Create your campaign.
Types of Facebook Text Overlay results
- OK : zero concern and your ad will run normally;
- Low : Your ad’s reach may be slightly less;
- Average : The reach of your ad can be much less;
- High : The ad cannot be served.
Some tricks and recommendations for not being disapproved by Facebook:
- Create posts in quadrants of 5 rows and 5 columns. Do not use more than 5 of them with text;
- Fool the robot. Use slightly contrasting colors in a logo or in transparency, for example, in case of an “inevitable” large mass of text;
- If you need to use arabesques and the like – some more organic features can be interpreted as cursive letters, for example;
- 20% text is not a certainty of approval. If you have, mathematically, 20% of text and it is not approved, check that it is not spread too much throughout the art. Try to gather more textual content. Perhaps the font size is not the problem, but the robot’s interpretation of the area occupied by text;
- In the case of carousel posts, if you have four images, but only one exceeds 20%, keep in mind that the others will also be affected;
- Assess whether all the text really needs to be in the image and not in the description, which will accompany the image. As with any advertising, the power of synthesis is fundamental.