HTC launches two new smartphones in its native Taiwan – Desire 20 Pro and U20 5G. Previously, phone specifications have been leaked several times over the past few weeks but now they have been announced as a drawing. HTC U20 5G comes as the first fifth-generation mobile phone from the company.
The Desire 20 Pro is just like any other mid-budget smartphone on the market, where HTC Desire 20 Pro is powered by a Qualcomm processor Snapdragon 665 paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Storage can be increased via microSD card.
The phone has a 6.5-inch FHD + LCD with a resolution of (1080 x 2340 pixels) with a 19: 5: 9 aspect ratio and a 25-megapixel selfie camera. The back of the phone has a quad camera setup consisting of a 48-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide photo sensor, a 2-megapixel macro sensor, and a goodness to determine the 2-megapixel depth.
Other features of the device include WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-frequency GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, multi-function NFC, rear fingerprint sensor and Android 10 OS.
Finally, the phone gets power from a massive 5,000mAh battery with standard Quick Charge 3.0 support.
HTC Desire 20 Pro Specifications
Announced On: June, 2020
- Dimensions: 162 x 77 x 9.4 mm (6.38 x 3.03 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 201 g (7.09 oz)
- Colors: Smoky Black, Pretty Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~396 ppi density)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 103.7 cm2 (~83.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- Storage: 128GB Internal memory
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Card Slot: microSDXC
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 400/150 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Main Camera Primary: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Third: 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Forth: 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio Unspecified
- Operating System (OS): Android OS, v10.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6125 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, Side / Additional Keys Volume keys, Power/Lock key
- Audio Jack: 3.5 mm
- Battery Type: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
- Quick Charge 3.0
- Features Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
HTC Desire 20 Pro Price and Availability
HTC Desire 20 Pro comes in two colors, Smoky black and Pretty Blue. The smartphone is currently limited to Taiwan. And the rumoured price is 8,990 TWD that is roughly $303 in direct conversion.