It is possible to live stream to several places at the same time, using websites or multistreaming programs. Such tools connect to capture clients, such as OBS, Xsplit and others, and send the user’s transmission to several platforms simultaneously, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and others.
How to Live Stream on Multiple Platforms at the Same Time
Multistreaming is a feature that allows you to live to multiple places, from websites and services at the same time. Instead of using a single client at a time, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, IGTV, etc., it is possible to use a multistream software or website.
This will relay the live to other platforms.
It works like this:
The user needs a capture and transmission program, such as OBS, Xsplit, Streamlabs OBS, etc. to capture your screen, camera and microphone for transmission and, once configured, this program will send the user’s signal to a multiplatform relay program, which will be in charge of multistreaming.
The advantage of this method is that the user does not need to open several transmissions at the same time, only having to send the signal once from the capture program to the website or multistreaming program, which consumes much less bandwidth.
Users with slower network connections can stream simultaneously more easily.
The negative point:
The user needs to deal with several chat screens at the same time, in order to interact with viewers and ensure that their channel does not become a monologue. Remember, it’s important for content creators to maintain healthy contact with their audience.
There are several such programs, some with more, others with less resources, and most limit broadcasting to a large number of channels (and some specific) to paid plans. Some of these programs also allow you to manage multiple chat rooms at the same time, but this is usually a premium feature.
Let’s use two free programs as an example: Streamlabs OBS, the client that will capture your broadcast, and Restream, the most popular multistreaming service and one of the easiest to use, which does not limit the broadcast experience on multiple platforms to the same extent. Same time.
To live stream to several places at the same time for free, do the following:
- Go to restream.io and create a user account;
- On the main page, click on “Add channel” and add your accounts for streaming services, such as YouTube, Facebook (personal profile only; pages and Facebook Gaming are restricted to the premium account), Twitch and others;
- In “Streaming settings”, copy the key from the “Stream key” field;
- Go to streamlabs.com , download and install Streamlabs OBS on your computer;
- Open the program and set up your user account, if you don’t have already have one;
- If you set up your account using Facebook, select a page to use for streamlabs;
- Now link streamlabs to your Facebook
- Click on “Settings” (the gear icon), “Streaming”;
- In “Stream type”, select “Streaming services”;
- In “Service”, select “Restream.io – RTMP”;
- In “Server”, select the same one selected in Restream.
You can leave it in automatic detection (“Autodetect”), or select your country server from the list;
- In “Stream key”, paste the stream key that you copied from Restream;
- Click “Done”.
That done, Streamlabs OBS and Restream will be connected.
After configuring elements such as camera, screen / window capture, screen background, alerts and other things, click on “Broadcast live ” and the transmission will start automatically, being played from Streamlabs OBS to Restream, which will relay it to other services. Just remember that the Restream page needs to remain open and that the use of programs like Streamlabs OBS is necessary.