Posting a video on IGTV, Instagram’s long video platform is quite simple, as long as the user is aware of some details. You can post videos either through the dedicated app for mobile phones or through Instagram, using your profile on the social network of photos through the browser on your computer. See how to post to your channel.
How to post video on Instagram IGTV
The process of creating a channel on IGTV was unified with that of posting videos (who knows why they were separated in the first place …). So, you will have a channel for you on IGTV as soon as you make your first video post there.
It is possible to post videos both on the phone and on the computer’s browser, be it content recorded by the phone or files edited on the PC.
Some rules must be observed for posting videos, however:
- The video cannot be less than 15 seconds or more than 10 minutes. Verified accounts (of influencers or public persons), however, can post videos of up to 60 minutes, but these need to be loaded by the computer;
- The video file must be in the .mp4 format;
- The video must have a 9:16 (vertical) or 16: 9 (horizontal) aspect ratio;
- The minimum frame rate is 30 frames per second (fps);
- The minimum resolution is 720p (HD);
- The file for normal users cannot exceed 650 MB
- The file for verified users cannot exceed 3.6 GB;
- The video content must not violate the Instagram Community Guidelines (no sex, physical or verbal violence or an apology for drugs, alcohol or illegal activities, or content from people you are not authorized to post);
- The recommended cover photo size is 420 x 654 pixels.
Following these rules, see how to post your videos on IGTV.
1. How to post IGTV video on Instagram Feed Through the IGTV or Instagram app (iPhone or Android )
- Touch the IGTV icon in the upper right corner of the Instagram feed or open the IGTV app;
- Touch the “+” button and select the video you want to post;
- Tap on “Cover” to select a part of the video as a cover or on the image icon to load a personalized cover;
- Tap on “Preview” to see how the video will be displayed (option only appears on the IGTV app);
- Touch “Next”, define a title and description;
- Turn on the “Publish a preview” key if you want a preview of the video to be displayed in the feed;
- Turn on the key “Make visible on Facebook” to post the video also on the social network;
- Once the adjustments are complete, click on “Publish”.
And that’s all.
2. How to post IGTV video on Instagram Feed By computer
- Open your browser and go to instagram.com;
- Access your profile, click on “IGTV and then on “Upload”;
- Drag the video you want to post to the area on the left of the screen or click “+” and select it from the menu;
- Under “Cover”, click “Edit” and select the image you want to use as a cover;
- In “Details”, define the title and a description;
- Check the box “Publish a preview” if you want a preview of the video to be displayed in the feed;
- Select wherever the video is posted, if “IGTV” or “IGTV and Facebook page”;
- Once the changes have been made, click on “Publish”.
And that’s all.
When you post a preview of an IGTV video to the Instagram feed, it will be identified with an app icon; when you open it, a “Watch the full IGTV video” label will be displayed, allowing the viewer to access IGTV to see the full video.
How to remove an Instagram preview
To remove an Instagram preview, do the following:
- Open the preview on Instagram;
- Touch “More” (the three dots) and then “Remove preview”;
- Touch “Remove”.
Removing an Instagram preview does not remove the full IGTV video.