MIUI is known for its active community and is keen to add various useful functions to the Android system. But MIUI is still lagging behind in the support of Android 10’s new navigation gestures.
According to the official news of Xiaomi MI community, Xiaomi has begun to deploy this function to several smartphones for Beta testing. Currently, it is only applicable to multiple devices running on the ROM of MIUI 11 National Bank.
The MIUI Forum blog post officially announced the introduction of Android 10 gesture control and published tutorial instructions on how to enable it.
How to enable Android 10 navigation gestures in MIUI 11
First, you need to make sure that you are using the Chinese Beta version to use this feature.
Xiaomi has not yet included this feature in the global firmware version . After ensuring that the Chinese beta has been installed on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 devices, please follow the steps below:
- Open the settings application and click “Display”.
- Scroll down and you will find “Full Screen Display”.
- Click “Full Screen” to enable gestures.
Currently, the following gestures have been added:
- Home screen: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen
- Open recent history: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause
- Switch between apps: swipe left or right from full screen indicator or bottom of screen
- Back screen: Swipe left or right from the edge of the screen
If you are using a native Android device, you can easily grasp these gestures.
They will soon become familiar tools for controlling equipment. However, if you are a MIUI user for a long time, it may take some time to get used to the new gestures.