In recent times, HD and UHD have become the standard for videos. These video formats are very large and causes uploading and sharing of videos somewhat difficult. Unless you have use a Wi-Fi connection, streaming UHD videos uses a lot of data. But even if you use a Wi-Fi, you wouldn’t want to exhaust the data watching high quality videos only that’s why you should compress the video and still retain the quality so that it’i be easy to share on web platforms and transfer between devices.
This method helps to reduce video size so that you quickly and easily share it through email, USB flash drive, iPhone, Android phone e.t.c.
- Online video compressor
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
How to compress video using VLC Media Player.
- Open VLC Media Player
- Tap on Media
- Click convert/save
- Click ADD and select the video you want to compress
- Click convert/save and open convert box
- From option menu, click profile drop-down
- Select the conversion type
- To further reduce the video size, change the video parameters
- Click the Spanner icon next to profile drop-down
- Select Video Codec
- Go to encoding parameters/resolution and adjust the bitrate, frame rate and scale
- Tap on Save
- Select file destination and edit name
- Click start, the video will be compressed and saved on the selected location.
How to Compress Video using Handbrake
- Download and install Handbrake software on your PC,
- Open the application
- Select the video
- Choose the output destination folder
- Click start and the compressed video will be saved on the selected destination